The new Comics Journal is out, with a long review by Bill of Danica Novgorodoff’s Slow Storm, a short review by Bill of Comic Book Tattoo (“Why did this book happen? Tori Amos knows Neil Gaiman. Next question.”) and a short review by me of Carol Lay’s “The Big Skinny,” which is one of the more vicious things I’ve written recently. Also interviews with Mort Walker (which I have to admit I don’t really care about) and a special comics section of the works of Thomas Rowlandson (which should be great.) Also looking forward to Shaenon Garrity’s review of Black Jack and an article on comic art in Kenya…so check it out.
Leave a Comment
- Utilitarian Review 2/18/17
- Utilitarian Review 2/10/17
- Utilitarian Review 2/3/17
- Utilitarian Review 1/28/17
- Utilitarian Review 1/21/17
- Nicole: Also, I’m Filipino and live in the Philippines and my generation (post-war) does...
- Nicole: http://apjjf.org/-Matthew-Penn ey/4766/article.html There is nothing apolitically humane...
- Nicole: “In the tradition of certain works by Miyazaki Hayao and Tezuka Osamu, this manga...
- Noah Berlatsky: all right; well, I guess I’m assuming it’s the wolf one. If not let...
- Jon S.: I liked the piece about Beyonce and country music. I’ve been thinking a lot about...
- How Not To Make a Graphic Novel
- 1000 Years of Pretty Boys
- What Do I Do With Those Damn Anime Kids?
- What If the X-Men Were Black?
- What’s the Big Deal About Sailor Moon?