The new Comics Journal is out. I have a number of essays in this one, including a piece on the O’Neill/Sekowsky Wonder Woman run, an essay on Howard Zinn’s People’s History of Empire, an essay on a Comics and Gender panel in Chicago, and short reviews of the Mammoth Book of New Manga and Mahwa 100. Bill has a short review of the anthology “I Saw You.” I don’t think Tom is represented this time out, alas.
Leave a Comment
- Utilitarian Review 12/20/14
- The 15 Best Albums of the Year
- The Innocent Genre
- Power Records Presents
- Nightcrawler: The Holiday Season’s Best Violent Movie
- eric b: If you like the grisly vivisection, I’d try Comfort of Strangers. If you’re...
- Noah Berlatsky: Yeah; I’ve seen that argument. I think it also helps to point out that in...
- Donovan Grant: “Well…to me the “so-what” is that the argument the women are objectified and...
- Noah Berlatsky: Yay! They seem to be getting out; I’ve heard from a couple people who...
- Jones, one of the Jones boys: amazon just sent me a copy, apparently
- The Trick of “Overcompensating”
- Can a non-existent author be exploited?
- Speaking Power to Stupid: The Ever-Dumb Green Lantern Comics of Geoff Johns
- Utilitarian Review 12/13/14
- Special Guest Villain: Racism
From the Archive
Join me, if you will, in this goal: to lower the readership of Geoff Johns comics by .01%.
September 5, 2012 | 126 comments