The new Comics Journal is out. I have a number of essays in this one, including a piece on the O’Neill/Sekowsky Wonder Woman run, an essay on Howard Zinn’s People’s History of Empire, an essay on a Comics and Gender panel in Chicago, and short reviews of the Mammoth Book of New Manga and Mahwa 100. Bill has a short review of the anthology “I Saw You.” I don’t think Tom is represented this time out, alas.
Leave a Comment
- The Fall of Superheroes
- What We Don’t Plan For
- Race, Class, and Iggy Azalea
- Utilitarian Review 9/27/14
- Draw Better! Put Your Eyes Out!
- Ng Suat Tong: I’m pretty sure I’ve been tricked into believing certain things by...
- Charles Reece: I agree Lovecraft was a racist. He does some really interesting things with his...
- Noah Berlatsky: Not to say you’re not smart! I just don’t think intelligence (or...
- Noah Berlatsky: Hey, man. Skimmed that, and looks like much the same go round, so I think...
- Charles Reece: I haven’t felt very internetty, so I’m late to respond. [Noah:]In the context of...
- How to Read Hilda
- Words Count
- Existential Angst: Men vs. Women in Autobio
- Microcombobulated at SPX
- Do You Teach Banned Comics?
From the Archive
by deb aoki
Can Manga Muster Up Its Maus / Watchmen Mega-Crossover Hit?
June 26, 2010 | 19 comments