Perhaps the best thing about R. Crumb’s Book of Genesis – the best thing, that is, about an adaptation that cleaves so closely to the original text – is that it repeatedly sends one back to the Bible itself. With that in mind, read the following passage, and tell me what you see: And the […]
Author Archive: Peter Sattler
- Red Dawn, 2012: Imperialists, Insurgents, and Role Reversal
- The Fall of Superheroes
- What We Don’t Plan For
- Race, Class, and Iggy Azalea
- Utilitarian Review 9/27/14
- 4 star hotels in amritsar: Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide...
- Rob Barrett: Here’s a discussion of non-fiction prize-winners’ overall whiteness and...
- Noah Berlatsky: I don’t understand what you’re saying in that last bit. Again,...
- Charles Reece: Sure, Suat, but I’m not sure media blindspots or common misinterpretations...
- Osvaldo Oyola: Gotham’s dialog is even worse than Agents of SHIELD. I didn’t think...
- Words Count
- How to Read Hilda
- Microcombobulated at SPX
- Do You Teach Banned Comics?
- Draw Better! Put Your Eyes Out!
From the Archive
by deb aoki
Can Manga Muster Up Its Maus / Watchmen Mega-Crossover Hit?
June 26, 2010 | 19 comments