Kailyn Kent is a writer and artist living in New York City. She is completely obsessed with narrative, and how it both instills meaning and problematizes life and art. She has a background in comics, having made them all her life, interned with Fantagraphics, Marvel and Nickelodeon, and edited Carleton Graphic. Her other projects include writing screenplays, working with Family Business Gallery, drawing from memory, and sketching at live music shows. Her website is here.
- Utilitarian Review 12/20/14
- The 15 Best Albums of the Year
- The Innocent Genre
- Power Records Presents
- Nightcrawler: The Holiday Season’s Best Violent Movie
- eric b: If you like the grisly vivisection, I’d try Comfort of Strangers. If you’re...
- Noah Berlatsky: Yeah; I’ve seen that argument. I think it also helps to point out that in...
- Donovan Grant: “Well…to me the “so-what” is that the argument the women are objectified and...
- Noah Berlatsky: Yay! They seem to be getting out; I’ve heard from a couple people who...
- Jones, one of the Jones boys: amazon just sent me a copy, apparently
- The Trick of “Overcompensating”
- Can a non-existent author be exploited?
- Speaking Power to Stupid: The Ever-Dumb Green Lantern Comics of Geoff Johns
- Utilitarian Review 12/13/14
- Special Guest Villain: Racism
From the Archive
Join me, if you will, in this goal: to lower the readership of Geoff Johns comics by .01%.
September 5, 2012 | 126 comments