Matthias Wivel is an art historian with an MA from Columbia University and a Ph. D from the University of Cambridge. Specializing in the Italian Renaissance, my dissertation was on Titian as a print designer and -producer. I am currently doing independent research and teaching while waiting to start a curatorial job in New York. He has co-edited and co-written a couple of Danish comics anthologies — both called BLÆK, in order to cause as much confusion as possible — and a book on the new wave of auteur comics, Forandringstegn. He writes regularly for The Comics Journal, the Danish hip hop site, RapSpot, and for his own blog The Metabunker.
- Utilitarian Review 12/20/14
- The 15 Best Albums of the Year
- The Innocent Genre
- Power Records Presents
- Nightcrawler: The Holiday Season’s Best Violent Movie
- Noah Berlatsky: Yeah; I’ve seen that argument. I think it also helps to point out that in...
- Donovan Grant: “Well…to me the “so-what” is that the argument the women are objectified and...
- Noah Berlatsky: Yay! They seem to be getting out; I’ve heard from a couple people who...
- Jones, one of the Jones boys: amazon just sent me a copy, apparently
- Noah Berlatsky: Well…to me the “so-what” is that the argument the women are...
- The Trick of “Overcompensating”
- Can a non-existent author be exploited?
- Speaking Power to Stupid: The Ever-Dumb Green Lantern Comics of Geoff Johns
- Utilitarian Review 12/13/14
- Special Guest Villain: Racism
From the Archive
Join me, if you will, in this goal: to lower the readership of Geoff Johns comics by .01%.
September 5, 2012 | 126 comments