Philip Smith obtained his Ph.D from Loughborough University in 2014. His work has been published in The Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics, Literature Compass, Journal of Southeast Asian Studies, International Journal of Comics Art, The Journal of European Studies, Asian Theatre Journal, Comics Forum, Slayage, and The Journal of Popular Culture. He is co-editor of Firefly Revisited (Rowman and Littlefield) and the author of the forthcoming book Reading Art Spiegelman (Routledge).
Leave a Comment
- Utilitarian Review 2/18/17
- Utilitarian Review 2/10/17
- Utilitarian Review 2/3/17
- Utilitarian Review 1/28/17
- Utilitarian Review 1/21/17
- Nicole: Also, I’m Filipino and live in the Philippines and my generation (post-war) does...
- Nicole: http://apjjf.org/-Matthew-Penn ey/4766/article.html There is nothing apolitically humane...
- Nicole: “In the tradition of certain works by Miyazaki Hayao and Tezuka Osamu, this manga...
- Noah Berlatsky: all right; well, I guess I’m assuming it’s the wolf one. If not let...
- Jon S.: I liked the piece about Beyonce and country music. I’ve been thinking a lot about...
- How Not To Make a Graphic Novel
- 1000 Years of Pretty Boys
- What If the X-Men Were Black?
- What Do I Do With Those Damn Anime Kids?
- What’s the Big Deal About Sailor Moon?