Robert Stanley Martin is a freelance writer and editor. He earned his undergraduate degree at Oakland University, where he studied English and art history, and did graduate work in English at New York University. His reviews of comics, graphic novels, and fiction have been published in The Comics Journal, Black Lamb, and the Detroit MetroTimes. His review work also regularly appears on his own blog, Pol Culture.
Robert Stanley Martin
- Prophet, The Incal, and Suggestion in Science Fiction
- Art vs. Art: Zen Pencils and the Critical Imagination
- XX-Men: The Failures of Brian Wood’s All-Woman X-Team
- 10 More Most Underrated Albums Ever
- Minutes for the Last Supper
- Wes Harvin: I write only to request that Julian Chambliss be invited back to write again....
- Noah Berlatsky: Deelish, your negativity is harshing my mellow. Careful or green slime will...
- deelish: My admittedly not precise or eloquent attempts to describe Clowes’ actual comic...
- Ormur: This strip has less cloying vacuousness than his other ones, it’s more of an...
- Noah Berlatsky: Pedro, I think you’re trolling now. Patrick, you are not trolling...
- Most Underrated/Overrated SF
- How the Walking Dead Became the Realest Show on Television
- The Zombie Apocalypse and the Dangers of Empathy
- What about Amanda Waller?
- Which Margaret Sanger?