Tolstoy spoke of heroes with disdain, but he could not let go of them in his art.
Archive for: Hadji Murád
- Utilitarian Review 11/28/15
- Comics by the Date: July 1950 to August 1950
- Pray for Woodstock Day
- Forgotten Spiritual Death
- He, She, and Apocalypse
- Noah Berlatsky: Oh, I see what you mean. The solution to those structural causes is always more...
- Noah Berlatsky: I wasn’t really talking about what conservatives believe per...
- Graham Clark: One more, re the Iron Man/Jessica Jones piece – superheroes may not account...
- Noah Berlatsky: “Or maybe it’s the response to genres that’s different”...
- Graham Clark: Or maybe it’s the response to genres that’s different – that is,...
- In the Wake of Charlie Hebdo, Free Speech Does Not Mean Freedom From Criticism
- Utilitarian Review 11/21/15
- Subversion, Satire, and Shut the Fuck Up: Deflection and Lazy Thinking in Comics Criticism
- Frankenstein Begins: The Dark Superhero Rises
- 1000 Years of Pretty Boys