I’ve been dipping my toes into new comic formats recently. A friend told me about Lost Girl, saying that the premise resembled some of the tropes of one of my old favorite books, War for the Oaks. War for the Oaks is an awesome early urban fantasy novel, and if you haven’t read it, I […]
Archive for: il etaite une fois
- Utilitarian Review 11/28/15
- Comics by the Date: July 1950 to August 1950
- Pray for Woodstock Day
- Forgotten Spiritual Death
- He, She, and Apocalypse
- Noah Berlatsky: “Or maybe it’s the response to genres that’s different”...
- Graham Clark: Or maybe it’s the response to genres that’s different – that is,...
- Noah Berlatsky: Rock is rough on old people. There’s a high premium on newness, and...
- Graham Clark: That’s a lot of fogeys on there. It’s like they think old people aren’t...
- Graham Clark: Oops! That first piece contains only half the story. Here’s the rest:...
- In the Wake of Charlie Hebdo, Free Speech Does Not Mean Freedom From Criticism
- Utilitarian Review 11/21/15
- Subversion, Satire, and Shut the Fuck Up: Deflection and Lazy Thinking in Comics Criticism
- Frankenstein Begins: The Dark Superhero Rises
- 1000 Years of Pretty Boys