We’ve had a fair amount of discussion about how to approach comics critically here at HU lately, and I figured I’d expand a little upon some of the points I’ve made previously regarding cartooning as a visual phenomenon. From a modernist critical perspective, it seems clear that comics’ artistic achievement through their modern history — […]
Archive for: Jules Feiffer
- 10 More Most Underrated Albums Ever
- Minutes for the Last Supper
- Utilitarian Review 4/19/14
- Cosplayers for Congress
- The Zombie Apocalypse and the Dangers of Empathy
- Ng Suat Tong: You probably wouldn’t want to listen to Chinese opera on a CD in the first...
- Noah Berlatsky: Matt’s a huge fan of Groo, I know…and he wrote about his admiration...
- Christian Campbell: Bravo. I very much enjoyed and appreciated reading this. I write my own...
- Noah Berlatsky: Oh…and Tusk isn’t critically disdained. Maybe at one point, but...
- Noah Berlatsky: Nah, that aside meant, not that my editor’s wouldn’t use them, but...
- Most Underrated/Overrated SF
- Which Margaret Sanger?
- How the Walking Dead Became the Realest Show on Television
- How Not To Make a Graphic Novel
- True Detective Reeks of Twin Peaks