An edited version of this essay ran in the Chicago Reader a while back. ___________________________ One of the gags in Michael Kupperman’s Tales Designed to Thrizzle Volume 1 is a three panel comic strip featuring “The Head”. As his name suggests, “The Head” is a disembodied…well, head. In the first panel, he announces “Someday I […]
Archive for: Michael Kupperman
- Utilitarian Review 12/20/14
- The 15 Best Albums of the Year
- The Innocent Genre
- Power Records Presents
- Nightcrawler: The Holiday Season’s Best Violent Movie
- eric b: If you like the grisly vivisection, I’d try Comfort of Strangers. If you’re...
- Noah Berlatsky: Yeah; I’ve seen that argument. I think it also helps to point out that in...
- Donovan Grant: “Well…to me the “so-what” is that the argument the women are objectified and...
- Noah Berlatsky: Yay! They seem to be getting out; I’ve heard from a couple people who...
- Jones, one of the Jones boys: amazon just sent me a copy, apparently
- The Trick of “Overcompensating”
- Can a non-existent author be exploited?
- Speaking Power to Stupid: The Ever-Dumb Green Lantern Comics of Geoff Johns
- Utilitarian Review 12/13/14
- Special Guest Villain: Racism
From the Archive
Join me, if you will, in this goal: to lower the readership of Geoff Johns comics by .01%.
September 5, 2012 | 126 comments