An edited version of this essay ran in the Chicago Reader a while back. ___________________________ One of the gags in Michael Kupperman’s Tales Designed to Thrizzle Volume 1 is a three panel comic strip featuring “The Head”. As his name suggests, “The Head” is a disembodied…well, head. In the first panel, he announces “Someday I […]
Archive for: Tales Designed to Thrizzle
- Art vs. Art: Zen Pencils and the Critical Imagination
- XX-Men: The Failures of Brian Wood’s All-Woman X-Team
- 10 More Most Underrated Albums Ever
- Minutes for the Last Supper
- Utilitarian Review 4/19/14
- Jones, one of the Jones boys: “It’s time to choose a side. Are you on the side who takes...
- cupboards: com, but did you know they pay cash permanently quality reviews. Mark out one line...
- Pedro: This analysis seems flawed from the start. Than’s target isn’t criticism but...
- Marlowe: @Robert D It is Hobby Lobby that is misrepresenting its objections. The four types of...
- Ng Suat Tong: I think gore (or sexual perversity) is antithetical to the Zen Pencils philosophy...
- Most Underrated/Overrated SF
- How the Walking Dead Became the Realest Show on Television
- The Zombie Apocalypse and the Dangers of Empathy
- What about Amanda Waller?
- XX-Men: The Failures of Brian Wood's All-Woman X-Team